Back in October, Nike released the Nike Mercurial Vapor Superfly II Safari Edition of the Cristiano Ronaldo's signature shoe. Now the sportwear giant has released a new colorway of the popular, high-end soccer boot in a Black/Circuit Orange/Black scheme. Expect to see them on the feet of professional-level soccer players over the next few weeks in the world's foremost leagues and at 2011's Asian Cup and Copa America.
Here is more information on the Mercurial Vapor Superfly II Elite FG Men'sSoccer Cleat from Nike:
- Flywire for ultra-lightweight support and comfort
- Revolutionary traction for extra grip
- Traction pattern for cutting and instant acceleration
- Includes exclusive shoe bag and box
- Firm-ground (FG) bladed and conical cleats for use on short-grass fields
The Mercurial Vapor Superfly II Elite Cleat has firm-ground (FG) molded cleatsfor use on short-grass fields that may be slightly wet, but rarely muddy. It also features Adaptive Traction, a pressure-activated cleat in the forefoot that extends when needed for the relentless grip and acceleration the game demands. Injected studs and a vapor traction pattern allow for effortless cutting and instant acceleration. And, for instant bursts of speed, this cleat features toe-off traction.
The Mercurial Vapor Superfly II Elite is part of the Nike Elite Series, which optimized four of Nike's key soccer cleats with premium materials, decreasing weight for competition on sports' biggest stage last summer. Available to players of all levels, these super-light and incredibly strong silhouettes have been worn by the world's best.
- Each pair of Mercurial Vapor Superfly II cleats comes with a unique code. Go to NikeSoccer.com and enter your code for exclusive access to:
- Insider coach and player interviews
- Exclusive invitations to Nike Soccer+ events and meet-and-greets
- Specialized training programs, drills and practice techniques, both online and in-person
- Top players' signature moves, with step-by-step demonstrations to help you master them
- Track your progress and share it on Facebook, Twitter and more
Nike's design team worked closely with athletes including Cristiano Ronaldo,Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Alexandre Pato throughout the design process to create a cleat that enables toe-off acceleration and minimizes slippage in game-changing situations. Players emphasized that acceleration around a defender is just as important as beating him in a straight line. Through additional research, Nike found there were 845 slipping events over 63 games, or roughly 14 per game—a costly price that designers were determined to minimize with the creation of the Mercurial Vapor Superfly II Elite.
The Nike Mercurial Vapor Superfly II FG Elite soccer cleats in Black/Circuit Orange/Black are now available at this World Soccer Shop link.